General Dynamics UK (GDUK) is part of the General Dynamics Corporation (GD) and is one of the UK’s leading defence companies, and an important supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD).
GDUK are supplying the AJAX family of Armoured Fighting Vehicles (AFV) to the British Army.
AJAX is a highly-agile, tracked, medium-weight AFV, providing British troops with state-of-the-art capabilities and unrivalled protection.
Prior to Outacom® Tactical Public-Address system, there was no way for the Commander inside the vehicle to communicate externally or locally without opening the access hatch and then exposing themselves to danger.
Reducing risk associated with crew exposure when interacting locally and externally from the AFV is therefore of critical importance.
Building upon Vitavox’s experience with communications systems in military environments we developed Outacom – Tactical Public-Address System. This was designed, tested, certified and delivered to GDUK and is their required solution for the AJAX vehicles to keep personnel under cover, whilst being able to communicate externally and locally. With a range of 300 metres and the ability to output both microphone and pre-recorded messages, Outacom™ provides the users with an under armour capability to project sound and warnings.
Comprising of two rugged Loudspeakers, GVA and Bowman Communications System compliant Public-Address Sound Amplifier (PASAM), Noise Cancelling Handheld Microphone and securing bracket.
- AFV crews are not required to expose themselves in high threat areas, should they need to interact locally.
- Outacom® enables broadcast of voice or pre-recorded messages at distance, over battlefield noise.
- Pre-record messages in local language and mitigate the need for on-board interpreters.
- Warn friendlies of threat, should direct communications be unavailable.
- De-escalate situations through verbal communication.
- Can be vehicle mounted or used as a standalone system (for use in Forward Operating Bases, for example).
- External Loudspeakers can be mounted directly next to main armament or self-defence weapon systems, without causing damage to the internal components though impulse noise.
- Compliant to stringent Defence Standards.
- Available in Expeditionary version for non-GVA compliant platforms.